So I got a new camera last Friday (tax free weekend) and I LOVE it! I went to Best Buy and I bought the Canon PowerShot Elph 300HS (in red) for $229 <Canon PowerShot ELPH 300 HS 12 MP CMOS Digital Camera with Full 1080p HD Video (Red)>. The video and picture quality is amazing! I also picked up a Canon Pixma MG5220 wireless color ink jet printer for $99 <Canon PIXMA MG5220 Wireless Inkjet Photo All-in-One (4502B017)>.
Here are the technical details on the camera:
- World's thinnest digital camera with a 24mm ultra Wide-Angle lens and 5x Optical Zoom and Optical Image Stabilizer.
- Canon's HS SYSTEM with a 12.1 MP CMOS and DIGIC 4 Image Processor improves shooting in low-light situations without the need for a flash
- Full 1080p HD Video for exceptional quality with stereo sound, plus a dedicated movie button for easy access.
- Get high-speed shooting in a point-and-shoot camera: High-speed Burst Mode captures 8.0fps and
- Smart AUTO intelligently selects the proper settings for the camera based on 32 predefined shooting situations.
- 12.1 effective megapixels, 1/2.3-inch high-sensitivity CMOS; 5x optical zoom and 4x digital zoom
- 2.7 in. TFT color LCD display with wide angle viewing; Built-in flash; Full 1080p HD video with stereo sound
- And lowers noise levels at higher ISO settings.
- Optical Image Stabilizer; DIGIC 4 Image Processor; High-speed Burst Mode
- Smart AUTO (32 scenes); Movie Digest Mode; Toy Camera Effect; Monochrome; Face Detection; Red-eye Correction
- Super Slow Motion Movie records video at high speeds to allow slow motion playback.
- USB 2.0 Hi-Speed; HDMI; SD card slot (card not included)
- Zoom optically while shooting video and keep footage stabilized with Dynamic IS.
However as great as it is, it still has one great flaw. It cant take close-up macro pics in the dark, which I must say is rather disappointing. This is because the flash generated by the sensor is too close to the optical lens and it casts a shadow (lower right corner) that’s seen in the picture.
Thx for reading!
|Example of the Shallow Flaw|
|My watch also taken using the macro feature|
|An example of performance in low lighting|
|An example of auto settings|
|Canon Pixma MG5220 Wireless Printer|