Wednesday 17 August 2011

Summer Faves

Hey guys,

Have you ever just found yourself fascinated by let’s just say the smallest of things? Well today, I figure I’d share some of the things I have fallen absolutely in love with for the months of July and August. Think of them as my “summer faves”. I consider myself a very peculiar person when it comes to certain things and am very selective when it comes to my purchases. I must say though, that I have become extremely excited with this just mere thought of using the items I’m about to inform you about. To me, they are just remarkable and I must give a big thumbs up to the manufacturers of these products.

I am not really a fan of the colour pink but lately I find that I have been drawn to this colour, as is evident in the selection of nail polishes and my favourite pair of earrings. Pink for me, is a vibrant colour that demonstrates youth, fun, and of course, excitement.

For those of you that don’t know, I wear hair extensions. I absolutely could not live without my Olive Oil Edge Control. This product works miracles I tell you! It gives me an excellent hold, keeping my edges laid down without drying out or hardening my hair.

The next item on my list is my recent makeup purchases. Lately, I’ve become even more fascinated with makeup items, not that I know much about the stuff, but best believe I can and will learn. Well, I went to Walmart recently, and bought four palettes, two by Physicians Formula amounting to approximately US$10 each, and two branded Cover girl at about US$5 each. OMG!! I fell so much in love with the palettes purchased. They encompass a vast array of colours that are simply amazing. Each gorgeous colour adds to my lustre and appeal when I feel like dressing up and hitting the streets. Whether it be a chic, modest look, or a fierce dominatrix image, dependent on my mood and the outing, I’m covered with this fabulous collection. It brings forth a youthful vibe, my wanting to try the different combos and seeing the end result.

In getting my eye shadows to remain throughout the day, I use Urban Decay’s Eyeshadow Primer Potion. The beauty about this product is its crease resistant. I kid you not, this potion is yet to fail me. I am in love with this product as it gives me the assurance that my eyeshadow will remain beautiful all day long as it was upon its first application. All in all, I experience absolutely no creasing with this product. If I didn’t know better, I’d say it were magic!

At the end of the day when I’m feeling lazy and extremely tired, in an effort to get all the applied makeup off my face, I use Neutrogena Make-Up Remover Cleansing Towelettes. I must say that I am impressed. These towelettes effortlessly removes everything including eye make-up. Whether it be waterproof or smudgeproof, I think they have finally come up with a solution for them all.

Now that I've clued you in on my favourite items for the summer, I hope you enjoy using each product as much as I do.  Feel free to leave a comment and share with me, the products you deem most intriguing, and a must-have.  Thx for reading!

Pink and coral toned nail polishes

Light pink bow earrings

Darker pink bow earrings

Edge control

Edge control

Custom Eye Enhancing Shadow and Liner in Pop Brown Eyes and  Smoky Blue Eyes

CoverGirl Eyeenhances in Tropical Fusion and Crystal Waters

Makeup remover and eyeshadow primer

SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I love the eyeshadow colours. Really nice. And the bow earrings are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wats the price on the primer??? I need one in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Candy.D-love love love it! olive oil edge control especially!u r ur mothers child! When are you gonna go into decor?

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig